Owner – Milford Body Therapy
Carrie Reed is the owner here at Milford Body Therapy. She graduated from The Connecticut Center of Massage Therapy, and has been a Licensed and Insured Massage Therapist since 2001. She consistently continues her education to provide the best possible service to her clients. She believes in guiding and empowering people to better care for themselves through the art of movement and massage therapy.
She is skilled in therapeutic deep tissue, Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy, “Core” Myofascial Therapy, Visceral Manipulation and several other modalities like Massage Cupping. Carrie prefers to work with clients from a more clinical point of view. She will help reduce pain, increase flexibility and speed the healing of many injuries. Because Carrie is also a Certified Personal Trainer she tends to give “homework” (3 D- stretching and strengthening). She will be happy to motivate and encourage during one-on-one strength training sessions. She also works well with expectant mothers and all clients who just need to relax and unwind. Carrie also is a Shamanic Practitioner; this serves her personal spiritual path, which affects her empathy and compassion for the clients’ personal path of health and healing.
- Licensed by the State of Connecticut – CT STATE license #002940
- Nationally Certified in Therapeutic Massage and Body Work
- Certified in “CORE” Myofascial Therapy
- Certified in Orthopedic Massage
- Certified in Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy
- Certified in Ashi-Thai™ Oriental Bar Therapy
- Certified in ACE Massage Cupping
- An ACE Certified Personal Trainer
- A member of the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA)
- A graduate of the Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy 2001
- Member International Association of Healthcare Practioners
- A member of Rotary International since 2005
- Celtic Shamanic Practitioner